Follow

All the Bright Places


All the Bright Places
By Jennifer Niven

Discussion of this book Click Here

Summary:

Theodore Finch is fascinated by death, and he constantly thinks of ways he might kill himself. But each time, something good, no matter how small, stops him.
 
Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister’s recent death.
 
When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it’s unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the “natural wonders” of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It’s only with Violet that Finch can be himself—a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who’s not such a freak after all. And it’s only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet’s world grows, Finch’s begins to shrink.


5/5 Stars



SPOILER ALERT!


I looooved this book! Also the cover is so cute! Seriously! I'm gonna die!! I loved the characters, and can we just talk about how they are named after a bird and a flower?!?! I never really thought about it before but it's exactly like Lily and I!!!! Illuminati confirmed?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! But anyway.. This book is so touching and sad, and it actually reminded me a lot of The Fault In Our Stars, so I think that anyone who is a fan of that book would really like this one!! Alright, here's the part with the spoiler... WHY DID FINCH HAVE TO DIE?!?!??!?!?!??!?! WHY!!!! Ok, I know that a lot of you guys will disagree with me on this, but I actually really liked Violet's boyfriend, Ryan... Seriously!! He was so sweet and you could see that he really cared about Violet! I like Finch too, but I mean I think that Ryan was just pretty great.
-Lark
All the Bright Places
By Jennifer Niven
5/5 Stars

SPOILER ALERT

I LOVED this book SOOOOOOO much!! I literally read it all in one day! The cover is so pretty like OMG!!!!!! Finch was the best! He was so sweet and he was by far my favorite character. I actually disagree with Lark. Ryan (Violet's boyfriend) was kind of boring. I don't think he really understood Violet, not like Finch did anyways. I loved them together. I have noticed that a lot of people didn't like this book because they thought that the author portrayed mental illness as a cute quirk. I agree that it shouldn't be written as a little quirk, but I don't think this book did that. I think that the author did a good job of portraying how serious their mental illness was, without making it define their entire character. I don't think the who character should be based only on their mental illness. Also, as Lark has said above, WHY DID FINCH HAVE TO DIE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I loved Finch and I think he was the most interesting character in the book. Throughout the entire book I HATED his family. Not one of them really tried to help him with his illness. They either didn't notice it or helped him to hide it instead of getting him the help that he needed. I loved this book which is why I obviously gave it a 5 out of 5 stars! READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!! It was a wonderful first book club book, props to Lark on that one! 
-Lily


Want to buy this book? Click here

Popular posts from this blog

Starr Fall

Two Hundred Very Short Stories

The Liebster Award 2017