Follow

Firstlife



Firstlife
by Gena Showalter

Summary:

ONE CHOICE.
TWO REALMS.
NO SECOND CHANCE.

Tenley “Ten” Lockwood is an average seventeen-year-old girl…who has spent the past thirteen months locked inside the Prynne Asylum. The reason? Not her obsession with numbers, but her refusal to let her parents choose where she’ll live—after she dies.

There is an eternal truth most of the world has come to accept: Firstlife is merely a dress rehearsal, and real life begins after death.

In the Everlife, two realms are in power: Troika and Myriad, longtime enemies and deadly rivals. Both will do anything to recruit Ten, including sending their top Laborers to lure her to their side. Soon, Ten finds herself on the run, caught in a wild tug-of-war between the two realms who will do anything to win the right to her soul. Who can she trust? And what if the realm she’s drawn to isn’t home to the boy she’s falling for? She just has to stay alive long enough to make a decision…
 


2/5 Stars

SPOILER ALERT


I am sorry if this is an unpopular opinion, but I just didn't really like this book. I found the main character to be annoying. I felt like she never gave any real reasons why she refused to choose an afterlife. I also found her relationship with Killian to be unrealistic and way to fast. Speaking of Killian, I really didn't like him either. The only thing he had going for him, was the fact that he has the same name as Captain Hook from Once Upon a Time. Although I really didn't like most of the characters, I did actually enjoy the world that the book was set in. The idea that our life is only our first life, was very interesting. I also think that the two different worlds fascinating too. I think that it was a extremely good idea, unfortunately the characters really ruined it for me. Also, the fight at the end was really confusing and really didn't make a satisfying ending. I know that there is going to be sequels to this book, but I am not going to read them. I didn't give it one star because I feel like these books had so much potential and the world that it is set in really interests me. However, the characters were really unrealistic, and frankly, annoying. So, I would not recommend this book.
-Lily
Want to buy this book? Click here

Popular posts from this blog

Growth and Change are Highly Overrated

Two Hundred Very Short Stories

Starr Fall