The Naturals



The Naturals
Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Summary:

Seventeen-year-old Cassie is a natural at reading people. Piecing together the tiniest details, she can tell you who you are and what you want. But it’s not a skill that she’s ever taken seriously. That is, until the FBI come knocking: they’ve begun a classified program that uses exceptional teenagers to crack infamous cold cases, and they need Cassie.

What Cassie doesn’t realize is that there’s more at risk than a few unsolved homicides—especially when she’s sent to live with a group of teens whose gifts are as unusual as her own. Sarcastic, privileged Michael has a knack for reading emotions, which he uses to get inside Cassie’s head—and under her skin. Brooding Dean shares Cassie’s gift for profiling, but keeps her at arm’s length.

Soon, it becomes clear that no one in the Naturals program is what they seem. And when a new killer strikes, danger looms closer than Cassie could ever have imagined. Caught in a lethal game of cat and mouse with a killer, the Naturals are going to have to use all of their gifts just to survive.


4.5/5 Stars

Ok I love this book!! And it is not only because I love crime books! At first when I started reading it I wasn't sure if it was going to be good, but LET ME TELL you, I got SO INTO THIS BOOK I couldn't stop reading it!! And can we just talk about the ending??? WHAT. EVEN. Also can I just be part of the Naturals program?? Ok let's talk about Dean... I didn't like him at all.. And I'm sorry if you guys disagree with me but I just thought he was kind of weird and creepy. I think near the end you're supposed to like him more, but honestly I just thought he was kind of weird. ANYWAY overall, this was such a good book! 
-Lark



The Naturals 
By Jennifer Lynn Barnes

4.5/5 Stars

I really liked this book and I loved the entire naturals program. The mystery throughout the book was fantastic. The only problem with this book was some of the characters and by some of the characters, I mean Dean. I hated the guy. He just came off as moody and creepy. Not to mention he and Cassie never had any connection or even a real conversation so their relationship (if you can even call it that) seemed forced and rushed. Maybe the character will get more developed in the later books and I will learn to like him, or maybe I will forever hate him because I picture him as Dean from Gilmore Girls ( speaking of Gilmore Girls, does this author watch Gilmore Girls? Dean? Lorelei? Hmmmm). Either way I will most definitely finish the entire series. Now let me just say, that I predicted the murderer pretty early on in the book. Maybe it was the fact that Lark warned me that there would be a twist at the end, but I just knew that it was Agent Locke. See, I would have figured it out even sooner (not to brag) if I didn't miss the detail about Agent Locke's red hair. The entire book I pictured her as the blonde cop from the movie Now You See Me. Anyways, I really enjoyed this book. I just hope Cassie ends up with Michael not Dean, but I have a feeling it will end up the other way.
-Lily
Want to buy this book? Click here

Popular posts from this blog

Starr Fall

Mystery Blogger Award Tag

Posting Schedule Update

Followers