Follow

To All the Boys I've Loved Before


To All the Boys I've Loved Before
By Jenny Han

Summary:

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.

3.5/5 Stars
   
  SPOILER ALERT

          I enjoyed this book but right from the start I could not stand Josh. I don't really know what it was but I just hated him and everything he did. I didn't matter what he was doing or what he was saying but I just couldn't listen to him. I know that may sound harsh but I just HATED him. Peter on the other hand was fine. I mean I wasn't absolutely obsessed with him like I know a lot of people were but I still enjoyed his character. I could tell that he really seemed to care. The only thing that bugged me was that even after he started to like Lara Jean he still always came running back to Genevieve every time she called him. Genevieve was awful. She may have even been worse than Josh. The book didn't really explained what happened to Lara Jean and Genevieve. It said that they used to be good friends. The book seemed to say that they just drifted apart, but from my experience, when you drifted apart from one of your friends you don't started hating them and your life mission doesn't suddenly become  making their lives horrible. Also, let me just say that I knew that it was Kitty who sent out the letters from the start. I was surprised that Lara Jean didn't figure it out. They were in a fight right when Lara Jean's letters were sent out. If I were her I would have accused Kitty the second my letters went missing. I really liked the scenes with Lara Jean and Kitty together. I think their family was one of the highlights of the book. All three sisters were so close. The only thing is, when Margot came back, I didn't really like her. I know this could be an unpopular opinion, but when Margot first came back, she was acting like a jerk. Really though, I don't think she had the right to get so mad at Lara Jean. After a little while and she had some time to calm down, she really grew on me. Though she still was far from my favorite character, I did enjoy the parts that had all of the Song sisters together.
-Lily
Want to buy this book? Click here

Popular posts from this blog

Growth and Change are Highly Overrated

Two Hundred Very Short Stories

Starr Fall