Follow

Unwind

Unwind
by Neal Shusterman


Summary:

The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, a ward of the state, is not enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape and to survive.

5/5 Stars

I REALLLLLY loved this book!!! This is definitely one of my favorites. The idea of "unwinding" is so interesting! It's a really good read. The action starts right away, and the plot thickens quickly. The author really pays attention to every aspect of what would happen if this actually happened.  I think it's really interesting that there are tithes, again proving my point that the author really thought about everything that would happen. Speaking of tithes, Lev is my favorite!! In the beginning of the book, he really irritated me, and I was just wondering WHY Connor and Risa even brought him along in the first place, but he really grew as a character. LEV is my favorite. LEV. I haven't read the rest of the books in the series, should I? Anyway, definitely a good book.
-Lark

3.5/5 Stars

Ok so I liked this book. I mean I didn't LOVE it but I enjoyed reading it. I really liked the whole idea of "unwinding" it was a fascinating idea and it made for a really good book. There was however, a few things I didn't like as much. For example, storking... I mean who would ever make this a law. I don't think this was very realistic or really necessary to the story. Like at all. But anyways, I really liked Risa. She was my favorite character. I know this might make Lark mad, but I didn't like Lev, like ever. (Sorry!) I know that you said you didn't like him in the beginning, but for me, he never got better. HE WAS ALWAYS COMPLAINING! I mean just suck it up for once. Risa and Connor had their priorities sorted out at least. I mean they realized that they should be focused on staying alive, while Lev was just wanted to escape from them. He wanted to escape from the only people keeping him alive!! I know that he thought that he was meant to be unwound and all that stuff, but even after he came to his senses about that he still really never figured out how to stay alive and decided it was always best to just throw himself into danger. Overall I did enjoy this book quite a bit, but it did have its flaws (cough cough Lev cough cough).
-Lily

Want to buy this book? Click Here


Popular posts from this blog

Starr Fall

Two Hundred Very Short Stories

The Liebster Award 2017