Follow

Life As We Knew It

Life As We Knew It
By Susan Beth Pfeffer

Summary:

Miranda’s disbelief turns to fear in a split second when a meteor knocks the moon closer to the earth. How should her family prepare for the future when worldwide tsunamis wipe out the coasts, earthquakes rock the continents, and volcanic ash blocks out the sun? As summer turns to Arctic winter, Miranda, her two brothers, and their mother retreat to the unexpected safe haven of their sunroom, where they subsist on stockpiled food and limited water in the warmth of a wood-burning stove.

Told in journal entries, this is the heart-pounding story of Miranda’s struggle to hold on to the most important resource of all--hope--in an increasingly desperate and unfamiliar world.

4.5/5 stars

     I liked this book, and I really just like apocalypse themed books in general (don't ask me why) (but don't think that that means I liked The 5th Wave, CAUSE THAT BOOK SUCKS, you guys can have your opinions, but that book is soooo bad. LIke I KNOW it's a popular book and all, but I don't see why. IT SUCKS. Sorry to be harsh, but I didn't enjoy it.) Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah. It's a pretty decent book. I would actually really enjoy seeing this book being turned into a movie, (UNLIKE THE 5TH WAVE) (I actually went to go see that movie and LET ME TELL YOU it was even worse than the book. If that's even possible.) This was a really cool book, and it was very original. It's actually kinda scary seeing everything that happens to the characters, because of the fact that if the moon was slightly closer to the earth it would change so much. (I've never been happier that I live on a mountain, let me tell you that.) Okay also, don't read this book in the middle of the night in the dark, cause it's kinda scary. Don't say I didn't warn you. This book will make you want to stock up on everything in Costco. And I mean everything. Like I was ready to buy the whole store. You never know when the moonpocalypse may hit. You never know. YOU NEVER KNOW. Okay, it really annoys me how stupid her friend was, the entire timeeeee. Like even from the beginning. Ugh, like I think I'm supposed to feel sorry for her but UUGGGHHH like actualllyyy. Also why does she even care, she literally never even sees that friend. (not trying to be harsh or anything but). I think the only person I cared about in that book was her neighbor. And her cat. Don't forget the cat. ACTUALLY NEVER MIND DO FORGET THE CAT. Why did they keep the cat??? Like they are in an apocalypse situation, and they want to spend the time and resources to keep their pet CAT alive?? They were in the position where they could STARVE to death, and they go ahead and feed their fat cat cans of cat food........................................? I would just say, go ahead and EAT THE CAT. go ahead and EAT IT'S CAT FOOD TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were LITERALLY starving to death and the thought NEVER came to them to eat their cat?? WHO cares what the little brother thinks??????? He'll get over it when he SURVIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ugh .. that just really annoys me .... ok also what was that scene where she was ice skating? Like was that real or? I'm still confused. ALSO. Who else had NO IDEA what her name was for the entire book?? Like it never even said her name.... how am I supposed to know?? There was actually a point where someone said Miranda, and I was like................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. who's Miranda?.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... annnnnnnyyyyyyyywayyyyyyyyy, I love how the mom was in the beginning of the book. She was IN CHARGE. She knew what was up! Actually though, they shouldn't have included their neighbor in their survival plan. Like I KNOW I'm being harsh, but you know that it's true. They didn't need an extra person to feed. Even she knew that. BUt that scene with the chocolate chips...... I was kinda freaked out.. and that says a lot.. like I think the mom actually went crazy there... not really surprising considering the fact that they're all gonna die... but still... Anyway, all in all, this was a pretty good book.
-Lark

Popular posts from this blog

Growth and Change are Highly Overrated

Two Hundred Very Short Stories

Starr Fall