Follow

Rebel Of The Sands

Rebel of the Sands
By Alwyn Hamilton

Summary:

She’s more gunpowder than girl—and the fate of the desert lies in her hands.

Mortals rule the desert nation of Miraji, but mystical beasts still roam the wild and barren wastes, and rumor has it that somewhere, djinni still practice their magic. But there's nothing mystical or magical about Dustwalk, the dead-end town that Amani can't wait to escape from.

Destined to wind up "wed or dead," Amani’s counting on her sharpshooting skills to get her out of Dustwalk. When she meets Jin, a mysterious and devastatingly handsome foreigner, in a shooting contest, she figures he’s the perfect escape route. But in all her years spent dreaming of leaving home, she never imagined she'd gallop away on a mythical horse, fleeing the murderous Sultan's army, with a fugitive who's wanted for treason. And she'd never have predicted she'd fall in love with him... or that he'd help her unlock the powerful truth of who she really is.
 

3.5/5 Stars

Alright, I just have to say that at first, when I read the beginning pages of this book, I did NOT like it. I don't know, it just kind of had that feel to it that made it seem like it was going to be a bad book. BUT NO!! Do not give up hope on the first few pages!!!!!!!! IT GETS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually put this book down for a while and forgot about it, but when I started reading it again, I was like: why did I stop? I have to admit the beginning kind of bored me when she was just in her village, and Jin seemed to be nowhere in sight......... LIKE, Jin is what gives life to the book!!!! I actually thought he would not come back after that first scene when she met him... But after that, THE ACTION HAPPENS!!! Like I swear, if you were reading this book but stopped because you thought it was boring... PLEASE READ TO AT LEAST LIKE PAGE 100!!! PLEASE!!! Actually, to be more specific, please read to page 228... not trying to give you any hints or anything but...... just trust me. Like I was actually really disappointed with how the story was turning out.. but it gets better. I just kind of wish that they kind of cut out the entire first half of the book.. because it was just not very good... ANYWAY, let's talk about Jin. He is my favorite character because um. how. could. he. not. be. I was just really disappointed in the beginning that he was like not even in the story at all, because when they introduced him in the beginning, I was just immediately like YASSS, but then it just talked in detail about how she was shooting, and I just really didn't care. Like you just introduce this intriguing new character and then don't. even. talk. about. him.?????????? Like to be honest, I just really didn't like the main character, and I still don't really like her. I don't know what it is about her. She just really annoys me... And she always does like really stupid things that are THE OPPOSITE of what I want her to do, Like she's like: I'm going to leave my family, and my town, and my best friend (TO DIE), and everything I have ever known to go with this dude, and then right when she has a chance she just leaves him......????????????????? And then she is just fine seeing him again??????????? Like um???? Actually now that I am thinking about it, there was SO many parts in the book that I DID NOT LIKE. The ONLY part that I liked was this one part at like THE END of the book..... (I do enjoy myself a good plot twist... or two... wink wink...) But that was it. I did not really enjoy the plot of this book at all, but it was okay. Okay, another thing. I was SO confused about the names of characters and the names of towns and all that.. usually I can remember who's who, but FOR SOME REASON, I had no idea who LITERALLY ANYONE was for THE ENTIRE BOOK except for Amani and Jin!!!!!!!!!!!! LITERALLY NO ONE. So I just had to guess on who they were, but it was just SO confusing, and I just really could not enjoy it when I was so confused about everything that was happening. So, it was an okay book. If you want to read it, I'm not gonna stop you. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good.
-Lark

Popular posts from this blog

Starr Fall

Two Hundred Very Short Stories

The Liebster Award 2017