Ruin and Rising

Ruin and Rising 
By Leigh Bargugo


Summary:
The capital has fallen.

The Darkling rules Ravka from his shadow throne.

Now the nation's fate rests with a broken Sun Summoner, a disgraced tracker, and the shattered remnants of a once-great magical army.

Deep in an ancient network of tunnels and caverns, a weakened Alina must submit to the dubious protection of the Apparat and the zealots who worship her as a Saint. Yet her plans lie elsewhere, with the hunt for the elusive firebird and the hope that an outlaw prince still survives.

Alina will have to forge new alliances and put aside old rivalries as she and Mal race to find the last of Morozova's amplifiers. But as she begins to unravel the Darkling's secrets, she reveals a past that will forever alter her understanding of the bond they share and the power she wields. The firebird is the one thing that stands between Ravka and destruction—and claiming it could cost Alina the very future she’s fighting for.

3/5 Stars

SPOILER ALERT

Now this may be a short review because I have said most of the things I want to say about this book in the reviews for the previous books. But I just have to say one last time, because I hate him even more in this book, Mal SUCKS!!!!!!!!! I wanted him to die the entire book. When he died (or should I say "died") at the end of the book I was like OMG THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!! I mean if he just stayed dead she could have married Nikolai and been super rich and happy BUT NO!!! Ok let me just say the reason I hated Mal so much was he was always hating on her powers. I mean she can control light and that may not be the most useful power all the time it is still pretty freaking cool. But he was always like UGH I can't be with you because you can control light and stuff. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I mean if you really loved her and all I don't think that would be that big of an issue just in my opinion. I mean I would be pretty jealous if  was dating someone who everyone loves and can control light and I was super useless and literally can't do anything right like ever (I get you Mal, I get you) but still............. Nikolai on the other hand was like your power is great Alina YOU DO YOU!!! So clearly the superior choice. Also, the ending sucked. I just had to say it. Is it just me or did you really not want other people to have the light summoning power or............ I mean then it isn't even cool anymore. The only reason it was cool in the first place was because no one else had it. In the ending Alina wasn't even special anymore..... Ok and maybe this is just me, but when you are reading a series for a while you kinda think of yourself as the main character (just me? k cool.........) so when Alina lost her power I was like EXCUSE ME GIVE ME MY FREAKING POWERS BACK I DON'T TO SHARE THEM WITH ALL OF THESE RANDOM PEOPLE THEY ARE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEN IT GETS WORSE. So Alina loses her powers and stuff and now she is all normal and boring and suddenly Mal is all like YEAH NOW WE CAN BE TOGETHER BECAUSE WE ARE BOTH BORING!!!!!! When Mal had to die for Alina I was like OMG THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!!! THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO FIX THIS STORY!!!! GET RID OF MAL!!!!! But no....... Mal for some reason survives soooooooooooooooo and then in the end they are describing Mal and Alina and they are like oh this sickly ugly girl and whatever and I was just like YOU HAVE NO FREAKING IDEA WHO YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE!!!!!!!But at least Nikolai visits them HE BETTER NOT MARRY SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!! So ummmmmmm yeah that is all I have to say.....
-Lily

Popular posts from this blog

Starr Fall

Mystery Blogger Award Tag

Posting Schedule Update

Followers