Follow

Nerve

Nerve
By Jeanne Ryan


Discussion of this book Click Here

Summary:
A high-stakes online game of dares turns deadly

When Vee is picked to be a player in NERVE, an anonymous game of dares broadcast live online, she discovers that the game knows her. They tempt her with prizes taken from her ThisIsMe page and team her up with the perfect boy, sizzling-hot Ian. At first it's exhilarating--Vee and Ian's fans cheer them on to riskier dares with higher stakes. But the game takes a twisted turn when they're directed to a secret location with five other players for the Grand Prize round. Suddenly they're playing all or nothing, with their lives on the line. Just how far will Vee go before she loses NERVE?

SPOILER ALERT

3/5 Stars

Ok I want to start by saying this review is super late. I wanted to write this review right after I read the book (which was a while ago). I meant to... but you know... So I just wanted to say that I am sorry. This review is long overdue. I said most of what I wanted to say about this book in the Nerve Discussion (Check it out by the way hehehehe...)  so this review will probably be pretty short (also I read this book a really long time ago soooooooooooooooo). Ok anyways I enjoyed the idea of this book, however some of the dares and the actual NERVE game kinda fell short of my expectations. I mean the game seemed really unorganized, like a group of high school students just put together this game (I mean that is possible.. But where would they get all the money AND set up a game that pretty much hacks into everything... ). In the movie the game was much bigger. It seemed more possible that people all over the world play it. K and I mentioned this in the nerve discussion but I just have to say it again. Ian seemed like SUPER sketchy to me. I was so convinced that his "feelings" for Vee was all and act for a dare. LIKE SO CONVINCED. I mean I would never trust this guy I just met who obviously is pretty desperate to win this game. Even at the end when she told him to escape the gun room ( I don't know what to call it) and quit the Nerve game. I was so sure she was going to turn around and her would be standing there with a gun pointed at her or something. Also Tommy... Ugh Tommy... Poor Tommy... I mean just because Vee doesn't like you and found a super hot Dave Franco who is clearly better than you, does not give you the right to basically ruin her life. Like dude come on. Also, I just wanted to mention that the final dare sucked. I mean it isn't that hard to just point a gun at someone. Did they ever said shot them? NO. Also isn't the rule that everyone has to complete the final dare for the other people to get their prize? I am pretty sure that if someone shot someone else and that someone died, being dead doesn't really count as completing the final dare sooooooooooo. I think that would a pretty good reason for everyone to just not shoot each other. I mean the guns might not have even been loaded AND she had been standing there pointing  her gun for over half the time and then she decided she can't do it anymore!! JUST STAND THERE FOR THE LAST LIKE FIVE MINUTES!!!! I mean you already stood there for over half the time. AND I think there is more of a chance you will get shot if you all of the sudden get up and run out of the room when everyone is super tense and holding guns. I don't think sudden movements are really the best idea. THINK VEE!!!!!!!!!!! K I think that is all I got to say.. The book was pretty good, but I have to say the movie was better. That could be because it has not only Emma Roberts (Who is so freaking GORGEOUS!!!!!) but also Dave Franco!!! (JACK WILDER LOVE YOU!!!!!! Now You See Me if you didn't know... See that movie... NOW you see me hehehehehe...). K that's all..Oh! I almost forgot, I will be forcing Lark to do their review soon! Also we have to do the review and discussion for Made You Up, so expect that soon (hopefully)!
-Lily

Popular posts from this blog

Starr Fall

Two Hundred Very Short Stories

The Liebster Award 2017