Nerve-Lark

Sorry this is a little late!
Nerve
By Jeanne Ryan


Discussion of this book Click Here

Summary:
A high-stakes online game of dares turns deadly

When Vee is picked to be a player in NERVE, an anonymous game of dares broadcast live online, she discovers that the game knows her. They tempt her with prizes taken from her ThisIsMe page and team her up with the perfect boy, sizzling-hot Ian. At first it's exhilarating--Vee and Ian's fans cheer them on to riskier dares with higher stakes. But the game takes a twisted turn when they're directed to a secret location with five other players for the Grand Prize round. Suddenly they're playing all or nothing, with their lives on the line. Just how far will Vee go before she loses NERVE?

SPOILER ALERT

5/5 Stars

Alright, first thing I'm gonna say is I love this book!! Why did you give it 3/5 stars Lily??? WHY?????? I mean come on, it is at least a solid 4.5... anyway, at first I was kind of reluctant reading this book because to be honest, I really didn't expect much of it, but I WAS WRONG. Ok.. well... the beginning was kind of boring though... like it is just talking about her random school friends that barely have anything to do with the plot, and I was kind of confused when it was talking about her weird futuristic phone apps, but anywayyy. When I eventually read it I finished it in one day, which is pretty rare for me, because usually I get bored with books and put them down for weeks at a time. Also I will just stop reading books if they are extremely bad... (cough cough The Fifth Wave cough cough) But this book picked up speed really fast and hooked me in. At a few select moments I literally screamed in frustration because um why. like why would you ever do that. Ok, I didn't actually scream, but you get the idea... Also, for pretty much the entire book I thought that Ian was evil or something, I mean come on, he was really creepy. Like I was expecting him to be like secretly working for Nerve or something. Ok ok, I've made it sound kind of bad, but trust me, it is worth the read. The only thing that I was disappointed  in was the ending. It was kind of anticlimactic. Well, to be honest, it just didn't really make sense. (kind of spoiler alert) Like the ending dare was just to HOLD THE GUNS. NONE OF THEM HAD TO DO ANYTHING!!!!! And I am 100% sure that none of them wanted to get shot or shoot anybody, so there was literally NOTHING to worry about!!! Vee should have just told them that there was no reason to shoot ANYTHING AT ALL, and I mean... you can't argue with that. Even I could think of a better ending than that. Also, (kind of spoiler alert again) at the end when she gets her prizes, she JUST THROWS THEM AWAY. Like the entire reason that she did ALL OF THAT dangerous stuff is for the prizes!! And she just throws them away!!! Like I mean, I get it, you almost died and stuff, but I mean, I wouldn't say no to a bunch of free stuff..? Like throughout the entire book I was worrying about everything she was doing, but I just thought: It will all pay off when she gets all of the prizes at the end. BUT NO. Also one more thing, I kind of think that having Tommy in the book was pointless, like the entire time I was just wondering what was going to happen with Tommy? Like is she going to get together with him? With Ian? And if not with him, then why is he there? Like it could have just been one of her other friends filming her first dares and stuff, and I think that Ian betraying her at the end would have been a much better ending, and it would actually make sense. But, sadly that is just my opinion. Also, I just want to add that if you read the book, and don't want to see the movie because you think it might be worse, that is not the case!!! The movie is as good as the book! Alright, just to conclude, I definitely recommend this book! One of my favorites!
-Lark

Popular posts from this blog

Starr Fall

Mystery Blogger Award Tag

Posting Schedule Update

Followers