Follow

Cinder

Hello! I just wanted to apologize for our inconsistent uploading. I am still having some computer troubles and I am the one who usually organizes our posting schedule. We are both really sorry, but expect some new and very exciting posts coming soon!
-Lily
Cinder
By Marissa Meyer

Summary:
Sixteen-year-old Cinder is considered a technological mistake by most of society and a burden by her stepmother. Being cyborg does have its benefits, though: Cinder's brain interference has given her an uncanny ability to fix things (robots, hovers, her own malfunctioning parts), making her the best mechanic in New Beijing. This reputation brings Prince Kai himself to her weekly market booth, needing her to repair a broken android before the annual ball. He jokingly calls it "a matter of national security," but Cinder suspects it's more serious than he's letting on.
Although eager to impress the prince, Cinder's intentions are derailed when her younger stepsister, and only human friend, is infected with the fatal plague that's been devastating Earth for a decade. Blaming Cinder for her daughter's illness, Cinder's stepmother volunteers her body for plague research, an "honor" that no one has survived.
But it doesn't take long for the scientists to discover something unusual about their new guinea pig. Something others would kill for.

5/5 Stars

Alright, I'm gonna start this off by saying that I know I give WAY too many books 5 stars, but if any of them deserve it, it's this one. Ok, so I read this book like 2 years ago, so this review is FAR overdue, but this has always been one of my favorite books from the moment I read it. Ok, also now I have a slight dilemma because like I said, I read it like 2 years ago, and now that Winter came out (the newest book of the series), I really want to read it but also kind of forget everything that happens in the first books.... ugh. Ok, I'm getting a little off track here. I LOVE this book. kdjgkaf. Cinderella is pretty much my favorite movie, and when I heard that this book is like Cinderella but she's a cyborg in the future, my nerd self was just like YASSS. Also, if you don't really like Cinderella, don't worry this is WAY different. Like it has the prince romance element, but so much more. It's like a combination of all my favorite types of books: romance, action, sci-fi, futuristic robots, kind of apocalyptic, soooo yeah. What more do I have to say. Oh yeah, and I almost forgot: evil alien moon people. You heard me right. I know it sounds really weird. I hope I didn't just cause you to not read the book, because trust me it's good. Prince Kai is so cute like huhhhhomg I love the scene in the beginning where they meettttttttt. Ok, I know I'm supposed to be talking about Cinder, but all the other books in the series are just as good. If not better. In most books, I find that the sequels are kind of just added on, and are not very good, but the entire series is extremely well done. New characters are added in each book, and at first I thought it was going to be a whole new story, but they are weaved in so good and ahhhhh if you like the first book, you HAVE to read the other books. 
-Lark

Popular posts from this blog

Starr Fall

Two Hundred Very Short Stories

The Liebster Award 2017