Follow

Dorothy Must Die


I know it isn't Friday, but I thought that we should just post this today because we missed the past two weeks (sorry about that) and I FINALLY got Lark to write a review! So here you go!
-Lily

Dorothy Must Die
By Danielle Paige

Summary:

I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask to be some kind of hero.

But when your whole life gets swept up by a tornado - taking you with it - you have no choice but to go along, you know?

Sure, I've read the books. I've seen the movies. I know the song about the rainbow and the happy little bluebirds. But I never expected Oz to look like this. To be a place where Good Witches can't be trusted, Wicked Witches may just be the good guys, and winged monkeys can be executed for acts of rebellion. There's still a yellow brick road - but even that's crumbling.

What happened? Dorothy.

They say she found a way to come back to Oz. They say she seized power and the power went to her head. And now no one is safe.

My name is Amy Gumm - and I'm the other girl from Kansas.

I've been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked.

I've been trained to fight.

And I have a mission.


4.5/5 Stars

I loveeeed this book. So action packed and exciting. I was definitely not expecting that when I first picked up the book, I  started reading it only because I had it on my kindle and I was bored.... I know.... but it's SO GOOD. Ok, so at first I was a little skeptical; like Dorothy? MUST DIE????? But then I started reading it and ahhhh. Ok, so the beginning is a little boring, it starts off with her in her high school, and it like describes her high school life in detail, and I don't even really know why that part is included, because it literally never mentions those characters again for the rest of the book, soo like, I mean they literally are only in the beginning....? Ok, now that I'm writing this I'm realizing that maybe those beginning characters are like the same as all the Oz people?? Like how in The Wizard of Oz, all of Dorothy's family members are the same as the Oz characters?? Idk maybe I'm just making this whole thing up. But anyway!! Back to the book review!! At first when I started reading it I was kind of upset that all of the Wizard of Oz characters were evil.... like it took me a REALLY long time to get over that... like seriously?? Even Glinda??? But when you get over that, it's pretty good. I'm gonna try to write this review without spoilers, so I'm not going to talk about what happens in the book that much. In this book, it's kind of hard to tell who's evil and who's not: in the beginning I thought the wicked witches where good? But I honestly don't even know anymore.. And the wizard?? still confused. But I guess that's kinda the point, and I do like myself a good mystery. But I know ONE THING for sure. The monkeys are good..... I think... But anyway, on the subject of monkeys, Ollie is MY FAVORITE THING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD like OH MY GOSHFDHduihfakdshfuah He is so cuteee like ughghhghhhhhh I didn't think it was possible for a book character to be perfect but I was so wrong. jsadjfslkdjfasdlkjf I want a winged monkeyyyyyyyyyyyy jfsdj
Andddddddd that just about wraps it up. Good book.
-Lark


Popular posts from this blog

Starr Fall

Two Hundred Very Short Stories

The Liebster Award 2017