Follow

Maggie Elizabeth Harrington


Maggie Elizabeth Harrington
By DJ Swykert

Summary:
Maggie Elizabeth Harrington is the story of a young woman in the 1890s, whose world is a remote northern Michigan mining town, where she tries to save a pack of young wolves from a bounty hunter. A terse historical love story of a young woman’s struggle with environmental and moral issues concerning the slaughter of wolves, and the church’s condemnation of her love for a young man, are as real in today’s global world as they were for young Maggie more than a century ago.
A copy of this book was sent to us by the author, but it will not affect our rating or review
3.5 or 4/5 Stars
Look at me on a roll with the spoiler free reviews! Ok anyways, when we were first contacted about reviewing this book, I wasn't quite sure. I mean it really isn't the genre or kind of book that Lark and I read, but I mean the author seemed like a pretty cool guy (former 911 operator and wolf expert) so we decided to give it a try. I really enjoyed reading this book. It is an extremely sweet and touching story.  Also, it was interesting reading about this time period, because it really isn't one I often go for. Also, let me just say Tommie is the best character. I really don't have to say much more about him, he is just the best (you will see once you read it). The main flaw I found with this book, was at times I felt like Maggie Elizabeth didn't talk like a 13 year old girl, she seemed too mature. I mean maybe it could just be the time period, because like I said I really don't know much about it at all, but I just felt like at times she didn't sound young enough. Also, at some points the book's language seemed a little repetitive (and redundant... ahhh Gilmore Girls). I get that maybe it was the style of the writing/book, but it just wasn't for me. Over all though, I did really enjoy this book!
-Lily

Popular posts from this blog

Growth and Change are Highly Overrated

Two Hundred Very Short Stories

Starr Fall