Follow

The Distance Between Us


The Distance Between Us
By Kasie West

Summary:
Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.

So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.

She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.
 


4/5 Stars

So one might guess that after having read By Your Side and really not enjoying it, I would either take a break from that genre or stay away from that author. I did neither. So anyways, I didn't have anything to read and I was to lazy to really dive into a complicated fantasy or something like that. I saw this book on my shelf and to be honest I really just started reading purely because I liked the font on the cover. I actually needed up liking this a lot more than By Your Side because Caymen had a personality, unlike Autumn who had nothing. Actually she had really vague and inconsistent anxiety (ok honestly I don't know anything about anxiety so I really don't know) as her personality. I enjoyed hearing Caymen's thoughts because although like 75% of her thoughts were about Xander or whatever that other guy's name was, but at least it wasn't 100%. Ok I am making this sound like I hated this book but I really didn't. I was easy to read. I think I read it in one or two sittings. There was a few times that I really hated the decisions that the characters made or said and I just had to close the book and stare at a wall for a minute or two, but for the most part I really enjoyed it (I swear I use that word in every single review I write). Aren't you proud I wrote this entire review spoiler free? I mean when was the last time I did that. 
-Lily

Popular posts from this blog

Starr Fall

Two Hundred Very Short Stories

The Liebster Award 2017