Follow

The Darkest Minds

The Darkest Minds
By Alexandra Bracken

Summary:
When Ruby woke up on her tenth birthday, something about her had changed. Something frightening enough to make her parents lock her in the garage and call the police. Something that got her sent to Thurmond, a brutal government “rehabilitation camp.” She might have survived the mysterious disease that had killed most of America’s children, but she and the others emerged with something far worse: frightening abilities they could not control.

Now sixteen, Ruby is one of the dangerous ones. When the truth comes out, Ruby barely escapes Thurmond with her life. She is on the run, desperate to find the only safe haven left for kids like her—East River. She joins a group of kids who have escaped their own camp. Liam, their brave leader, is falling hard for Ruby. But no matter how much she aches for him, Ruby can’t risk getting close. Not after what happened to her parents. When they arrive at East River, nothing is as it seems, least of all its mysterious leader. But there are other forces at work, people who will stop at nothing to use Ruby in their fight against the government. Ruby will be faced with a terrible choice, one that may mean giving up her only chance at having a life worth living.

4.5/5 Stars
SPOILER ALERT

Ok, so I read this book a while ago, but you know... I haven't read anything recently to review and I don't even know what Lark is doing so whatever. I am reviewing this book. ANYWAYS... Ok so like I said, I read this book a while ago, but its really good. So I know the majority or you have probably already read it, but if you haven't you really should. Also, let me start of by saying, before or while reading books I like to find "fan casts" for all of the characters. I know most people would hate to do that because then you can't make up characters in your head by yourself, but I don't know, I am just not creative enough. SO ANYWAYS I was looking for fan casted actors as I do, and EVERYWHERE I looked it was the Hannah Montana movie guy for Liam! EVERYWHERE!!! You know who I am talking about right? It was the cowboy guy from the Hannah Montana Movie. Everywhere I looked, HANNAH MONTANA GUY! So I was like, ok?.... Anyways then I started to read the book and omg he is literally the Hannah Montana guy. Of course they don't cast him in the movie but whatever I don't care its all cool......................... So anyways besides the Hannah Montana guy, another thing I really want to mention is that these powers really aren't fair. Like some people can control fire with their mind, or some people can CONTROL OTHER PEOPLES MIND WITH THEIR MIND and then there are those guys who are just like super smart or something. I mean they are still hated and being chased and whatever and they don't even get a cool power. I mean sure it would be great to be crazy smart, but when everyone can use mind control and all you can do is solve puzzles really fast, I would be pretty disappointed. Ok so like I said (Like three times) I read this book quite a while ago, so I don't have much to say.... So I guess that is all for this review and this week. I really need to read more books so I have more to review so that I am not reviewing books I read months ago. Ok well read this book...
-Lily

Popular posts from this blog

Growth and Change are Highly Overrated

Two Hundred Very Short Stories

Starr Fall