Follow

The Fault In Our Stars

The Fault In Our Stars
By John Green

Summary:

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once."

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning author John Green's most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.


3.5/5 Stars

Ok, so I know that a lot of people love this book, but for me it just isn't five stars. I didn't hate it, but I also didn't love it. I read this a few years ago, and everyone was obsessed with it, and I think the reason that I didn't love it is because I expected a lot more. I did think it was cute, and I do appreciate how nicely it was written, it just didn't wow me. I know that Lily disagrees with me, (sorry Lily), but it wasn't the type of book that I would keep wanting to read and finish in one night. I heard that the movie is really good though..? Okay, I'm making it sound as if I hated it, but it was pretty good. Like I would totally recommend it!!
-Lark
5/5


        I love this book. Lark doesn't know what they is talking about. First of all, everyone loved it BECAUSE IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! It was beautiful and it was unusual. Ok it was that unusual, but it was written in a way that made it seem like it was ok? John Green writes very, I don't know how to say it.... quirky? Kind of that's not really the word that I was looking for but I can't think of it so we are just going to go with that. So anyways, to sum it all up, read the book. Lark is wrong (trust me here) so read the book. Sorry to make this short, but I have a plane to catch (Lark doesn't have an excuse just so you know). Alright, ok so read the book.

-Lily

Popular posts from this blog

Growth and Change are Highly Overrated

Two Hundred Very Short Stories

Starr Fall