Unfiltered

Unfiltered
No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me
By Lily Collins


Summary:
In this groundbreaking debut essay collection, featuring never-before-seen photos, actress Lily Collins—star of Mortal Instruments and the upcoming Rules Don’t Apply—is opening a poignant, honest conversation about the things young women struggle with: body image, self-confidence, relationships, family, dating, and so much more.

For the first time ever, Lily shares her life and her own deepest secrets, underlining that every single one of us experiences pain and heartbreak. We all understand what it’s like to live in the light and in the dark. For Lily, it’s about making it through to the other side, where you love what you see in the mirror and where you embrace yourself just as you are. She's learned that all it takes is one person standing up and saying something for everyone else to realize they’re not alone.

By turns hilarious and heartbreaking, Lily’s honest voice will inspire you to be who you are and say what you feel. It’s time to claim your voice! It’s time to live your life unfiltered.

SPOILER ALERT
 (but I mean only kind of. I am going to talk about that happens, but it's not a continuous story, you know? Its essays, so its not exactly spoilers but whatever.)

5/5 Stars

Alright, so I love Lily Collins. Everything she is in, everything you does is amazing. Lily Collins is absolutely gorgeous as well! So when I heard this book was coming out I was obviously going to read it. I preordered it and everything. I am not usually a huge fan of books like these. You know, collections of essays and such, but I mean this was written by Lily Collins so it's different. So anyways, I loved it. She had a huge section of her eating disorder in the past and she didn't just skim over it or anything. She really talked about how deep she got into this mindset and how much it hurt her. I also loved hearing about her writing. Lily wrote for magazines when she was only a teenager and later reported for nickelodeon. I loved how she also included so many photos. She had photos of when she was little, photos of her getting her first tattoo, and photos of her and her  parents. Speaking of parents, I think that a lot of people might just assume that Lily became famous because of her dad (Phil Collins), but really she worked hard for it herself. This is going to be a short review because I can't really say to much about it, because like I said it isn't a continuous story, so you really just have to go out and read it yourself. I loved how Lily wrote the book like she was talking directly to you. I made it feel personal and real. Anyways, I already knew I was going to love this book from the beginning because, I mean, IT'S LILY COLLINS! But I ended up loving all of the essays as well. So go read it.
-Lily

Popular posts from this blog

Starr Fall

Mystery Blogger Award Tag

Posting Schedule Update

Followers