Always and Forever Lara Jean

WE ARE BACK!!!!! Or at least I am back, but I will try to get Lark to post something next week. Or even this week... I feel like we should post a ton this week just to try to make up for the slacker job we have been doing for the past month, so I am posting this today instead of tomorrow. IM SORRY!!!! Our last post is just a reminder of our failure!!! I wanted to post and I was planning to post, but we were both so busy that we weren't even reading anything!! But we are back and there is even a photo on our review now, so that's something!!!! Also, I am planning to return to our normal schedule (after this week obviously, because I am posting on Thursday....). Ok anyways, enough of that, time to get into the review. 

Always and Forever Lara Jean
By Jenny Han



Summary:
Lara Jean is having the best senior year a girl could ever hope for. She is head over heels in love with her boyfriend, Peter; her dad’s finally getting remarried to their next door neighbor, Ms. Rothschild; and Margot’s coming home for the summer just in time for the wedding.

But change is looming on the horizon. And while Lara Jean is having fun and keeping busy helping plan her father’s wedding, she can’t ignore the big life decisions she has to make. Most pressingly, where she wants to go to college and what that means for her relationship with Peter. She watched her sister Margot go through these growing pains. Now Lara Jean’s the one who’ll be graduating high school and leaving for college and leaving her family—and possibly the boy she loves—behind.

When your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?
 


5/5 Stars

SPOILER ALERT

I ordered this book as soon as I saw it on the Barnes and Noble website, but it took quite a while for it to actually get to me. See, I ordered it along with a book that I pre-ordered that is coming out in November. Apparently, the books always have to ship together because after quite some time of waiting and still no book, I discovered that my book was going to ship in November along with my other book. So I cancelled that order and ordered it again, BUT ANYWAYS now it is here. I loved these books and I am usually not one for the super romance contemporary books (thats more Lark's thing surprisingly) but these are just so happy, you know? You just feel so happy when you read them. I think what I love most about these books is the family. The family feels so real and it is really fun to just be there and watch these real situations for this family. Ok so that sounds kinda creepy but I don't know how to say it without sounding borderline stalker. It is just happy ok??? BUT LET ME JUST SAY, MARGOT NEEDED TO CALM DOWN.  I felt so bad for Ms. Rothschild, she trying so hard to get to know all of the girls and Margot just had to be so hard on her. I mean the vacuum thing? I get how Margot felt and all, but really she could have been a little more open. Honestly, Margot was bothering me the entire time. When she wanted her boyfriend to sleep in her room, you can't just spring that on your dad who is obviously not going to be comfortable with it. For one, that is mean to your dad, and two, that is mean to your boyfriend. He probably felt so uncomfortable. So no Margot, just stop. Speaking of boyfriends, Peter was freaking fantastic in this book. Peter was being the best high school boyfriend of all the high school boyfriends to ever exist. With the midnight birthday thing, the Sleepless in Seattle, and the super early breakfast and sunrise. In New York I was just waiting for Peter to do something, or for hear that Peter cheated or something of that sorts BUT NO. So you go Peter. K but I needed more John Ambrose Mcclaren. Peter was great, don't get me wrong, but John Ambrose Mcclaren. Lara Jean and John never got a chance you know? I guess there really wasn't time in one book for John Ambrose Mcclaren, but still. Ok one last thing. Peter interacting with Kitty literally makes my life. He is so sweet with her!!! The mini prom corsage! I remember in the second book, when Lara Jean wasn't with John, Peter and Kitty is what saved Peter for me (But John Ambrose Mcclaren forever still). Ugh just Peter with the family in general though. Kitty in general though. 
-Lily


Popular posts from this blog

Starr Fall

Mystery Blogger Award Tag

Posting Schedule Update

Followers