Follow

The Romantics

The Romantics
By Leah Konen


Summary: 

Gael Brennan is about to have his heart broken when his first big relationship crumbles on the heels of his parents’ painful separation. Love intervenes with the intention of setting things right—but she doesn’t anticipate the intrusion of her dreaded nemesis: the Rebound. Love’s plans for Gael are sidetracked by Cara, Gael’s hot-sauce-wielding “dream girl.” The more Love meddles, the further Gael drifts from the one girl who can help him mend his heart. Soon Love starts breaking all her own rules—and in order to set Gael’s fate back on course, she has to make some tough decisions about what it means to truly care.

5/5 stars
(spoilers.. kind of)

I know I give too many books five stars!! But if you have read most of my other reviews you would know that I loveee romance books. I can't help myself they're my favorite. And if you love books about romance THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU. First of all, I would like to point out that is a love story.... narrated by love itself.... Okay, I know that sounds pretty stupid, but it's actually really great. Love is a kind of funny and sarcastic narrator that gives the book a light and fun feel. Most of it is just telling whats happening, and then here and there there are some hilarious comments from love sprinkled in. Right off the bat, you can kind of tell who love wants Gael to be with, and at first I thought it was going to be a plot twist kind of thing.. but it wasn't. In fact, I was rooting for the wrong girl the entire time. yeahhhhh. After he breaks up with his girlfriend, he meets this girl (Cara) and IT WAS SO CUTE I ALMOST DIED so obviously I wanted him to end up with her?? Obviously right?? And then Sammy was just kind of there, and in the beginning she actually came off pretty annoying; like trying to talk to Gael when he obviously wanted to be alone... And right off the bat I didn't really like her but I kind of knew in the back of my head that he was going to end up with her... and I don't know... maybe it's just that I don't like the name Sammy? Like honestly I really don't like the name Sammy.. Okay.. truth: If Sammy was named Cara and Cara was named Sammy I would actually be rooting for Sammy. Like the name Sammy just makes me have a mental picture of this really annoying nerdy girl and ufgudsfuh.. Alright, even though I didn't like his love interest, I still enjoyed the book (so I guess that says a lot) Okay, I could rant about Sammy for the rest of this review, but I'm going to stop myself now. Let's talk about Mason.. ALRIGHT I HAVE SOME THINGS TO SAY ABOUT MASON. Now WHY did he think that he could just secretly have a fling with his best friends girlfriend and then the DAY after he found out and broke up, TRY TO BE FRIENDS AGAIN AND ACT LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED??????????? Like nooooooo that's not how it works HUNNY. srgaionflia I think I was supposed to want them to make up but TBH if my girlfriend cheated on me with my best friend OUR FRIENDSHIP WOULD BE OVER. LIKE NO. He literally went up to Gael and tried to ask him advice on Anika???!! EXCUSE ME???? noooooooooo. and (spoiler) then at the end they became friends again??????? NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. he's such a jerkkkkkkk. omgggg I canttttttttttt. That said, Gael was also a major jerk to Mason in public. Like yes, he definitely does have a reason to be mad at him, but he could at least be chill about it in that situation. (As you can see I am very passionate about the characters in this book) All in all, if you love drama as much as I do, this is a GOOD book for you!! Read it!!
-Lark

Popular posts from this blog

Growth and Change are Highly Overrated

Two Hundred Very Short Stories

Starr Fall