Follow

A Court of Thorns and Roses

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

A Court of Thorns and Roses
By Sarah J. Mass

Summary:
Feyre's survival rests upon her ability to hunt and kill – the forest where she lives is a cold, bleak place in the long winter months. So when she spots a deer in the forest being pursued by a wolf, she cannot resist fighting it for the flesh. But to do so, she must kill the predator and killing something so precious comes at a price ...

Dragged to a magical kingdom for the murder of a faerie, Feyre discovers that her captor, his face obscured by a jewelled mask, is hiding far more than his piercing green eyes would suggest. Feyre's presence at the court is closely guarded, and as she begins to learn why, her feelings for him turn from hostility to passion and the faerie lands become an even more dangerous place. Feyre must fight to break an ancient curse, or she will lose him forever.

3.5/5 Stars

SPOILER ALERT

I really wanted to give this book more stars because I liked the story and I loved Feyre, but I don't know.... Some of the characters just annoyed me. Tamlin for example, I hated him. Ok I don't know if I hated him, but he was just boring. I mean he did just take her from her family and force her to live with him and at first she was rightfully angry with him, but by the end she was just like I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT I WOULD DIE FOR YOU!!! I WOULD KILL FOR YOU!!!!! I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR YOU!!!! and I am just like.... girl chill. K not to mention, he just like sacrificed him friend to be killed for him and the entire time he was "courting" (hehehehe get it) he was only doing it for his curse thing. I don't know if I could overlook that so quickly. It doesn't even bother Feyre... I feel like that may deserve just a quick conversation there. You know.... Why did you agree to have you friend killed just so you could break your own curse??? Or why did you sent a ton of people to the human side in the hopes of being murdered??? If I am planning on living with this person for possibly the rest of my life, I would want to know these types of things. 

K but can we talk about the ending? Like did there is the bond between Rhysand and Feyre right??? Because when he looked super shocked and then flew away, it was because of the bond right?? So did Feyre just not feel it or..... Like how exactly does this work? Did he know about the bond when she was human? Or is it only now that she is fae that he can see it (see it? feel it? I don't know). I am just thinking of the thing from twilight with the werewolves so I don't really know how it works. Also, there is that fact that she is 19 and he is like 5 billion. Some how that age difference isn't weird, but 19 and like 80 still seem weird to me... When does it stop being creepy? Or does it stop being creepy?

Ok, I will forever pronounce Rhysand Rye-sand in my head not ree-sand. I mean you can not expect me to pronounce Rhysand ree-sand.... So Rhys is Rye-s in my head not Reese and there is really nothing that can be done to change that now. I know that there was a key in the back of the book, but by then I was already saying Rye-sand for a good chunk of the story so there was no going back. I need that key at the beginning. I was so close SO CLOSE to calling Feyre fairy the entire book. Thats what I thought it was at first, but I mean they wouldn't name the main character of a book about faeries, faerie. You know? Especially if her and her entire family hate faeries but then they were just like "you know what? Lets name our daughter after them!"

At the moment I am really not sure how I feel about Rhysand right now. I don't like Tamlin, he is just boring and bland so a no for me on him. Rhysand obviously is going to be who she ends up with right? If she is his mate, right?? So I am assuming that he is going to you know be an actual decent person not just some creepy guy that hangs out in the dark all the time and controls a bunch of people's minds, but WHO KNOWS (you know besides the people who have read the next books).

 Ok so this review is all over the place right now.... Let's start at the beginning. I've just got to say Feyre's sisters are the worst. Nesta is the most ungrateful little...... I don't even know. Honestly if I was Feyre I would just be like " no, go feed yourself" see how long they last without me. Elain is a little better, like it seems like she cares a little. OMG the dad too though. You gotta step up man, provide for the family. He is just sitting at home carving wood all day. No, YOU GOTTA STEP UP!!!

 Ok so I was planning on going through this review systematically from now on and going in order, but I just have to jump back to the ending for a second here. At the end, when they brought out the three people I was like DUDE ITS HER FAMILY. That would have been so much harder. I don't think she would have been able to kill them. She would have given up and probably been killed (I mean she was killed but still) and everyone else would die too. You could still be alive, Amarantha if you just thought these things through. So speaking of Feyre dying, Feyre is high fae right? Does she have powers now? K also so all of the High Lord guys have powers, so do they get powers when they become High Lords, or do they become High Lords because they have powers..... 

Ok also, just real quick, in the Night Court is it always night? Because that would really suck. Also in like the Day and Dawn Court (and possibly the Night Court depending on the answer to that previous question) what season is it? Or does it change like normal?? These are the real questions here. So anyways,  I liked Feyre and the story, its just the middle was slow like REALLY slow and Tamlin was boring, but I am still going to read the next ones so its definitely not horrible, it just could have been better. Also, I feel like the next one could have the potential to speed up quite a bit.
-Lily

Popular posts from this blog

Starr Fall

The Liebster Award 2017

Mystery Blogger Award Tag