Follow

Love & Gelato

Love & Gelato
By Jenna Evans Welch
Summary:

“I made the wrong choice.”

Lina is spending the summer in Tuscany, but she isn’t in the mood for Italy’s famous sunshine and fairy-tale landscape. She’s only there because it was her mother’s dying wish that she get to know her father. But what kind of father isn’t around for sixteen years? All Lina wants to do is get back home.

But then she is given a journal that her mom had kept when she lived in Italy. Suddenly Lina’s uncovering a magical world of secret romances, art, and hidden bakeries. A world that inspires Lina, along with the ever-so-charming Ren, to follow in her mother’s footsteps and unearth a secret that has been kept for far too long. It’s a secret that will change everything she knew about her mother, her father—and even herself.

People come to Italy for love and gelato, someone tells her, but sometimes they discover much more.

4.5/5 Stars
(spoilers)

Yesss! Another romance novel review from Lark!!!!!!!!!! yAaaay! I didn't want to give this book 5 stars so I gave it 4.5 but to be honest I think it made 5 in my book. (hehe book) I loved this book it was so cuteeeeeeeeee! It's probably just because I am obsessed with any book with a good romance... or a good murder... (weird combination I know.... If you know any book with both, let me know) I was intrigued when I saw this book at Barnes & Noble because I really judge books by their covers and this one had a nice cover. And a nice title. ANYWAY. Looks like I did a good job judging it because it's really good! Sooo Lina moves to Italy and meets Ren and aiorjflrf he's so cute (and for some reason lives in a gingerbread house) (not even sure why) BUT. WAIT. There's another boy!1! He is introduced to Lina in the beginning and I was like ooooooooo it's gonna be a love triangleeeeeee! The hot British boy vs. the cute Italian!!! But no. He was just kinda in like 2 scenes. But tbh like she totally should have picked him!! I mean like he literally fell for her and was like I LOVE YOU and she rejected him for a boy that told her that he didn't want to see her!! girlllllllll nooooooooooooooooooo. Like Ren was cute and all butttt I meannnnn. Anyways, besides that, I really liked the journal entries that were sprinkled throughout the book. In the book, Lina is reading her mom's journal from when she lived in Florence and is learning about her life and what happened to her while she is going through the same things herself. It's kinda a mystery and you're always wondering what happened and I liked that part. But ok, I just need to get my thoughts out. Ren had a totally pretty girlfriend already that he was "in love with" no joke.. I'm pretty sure it said that.. but they were a good couple! And then BAM he just likes Lina?? why?? And there's like 12 students in their grade or something so it's gonna be really awkward when they go back to school and she's there. Not to mention she already hated Lina before Ren started dating her. Ok I'm gonna talk about the ending here... um excuse meeee? okkk when Lina kissed Ren he was acting all weird about it ? Before she told him she only thought of him as a friend? So like obviously she's gonna try to cover it up?? Like HUNNY if she kissed you then she obviously likes you!! Don't be all weird about it!! WHY! just tell her how you feel!! And then they just went and met later and told each other they hated each other??? Like before that meeting were they not prepared to tell each other the truth? ugh. I also really hated how he got all mad at her because Thomas kissed her. like omgggggg no. You were the one who rejected her!!!!! ok. I'm done. Overall good book! 
-Lark

Popular posts from this blog

Starr Fall

The Liebster Award 2017

Mystery Blogger Award Tag